- Botox ®
Pre-Treatment Advice and Procedures
- Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may swell slightly or redden, it is advised not to make social plans for the same day. Lip liner may appear “crusty” for up to one week.
- Please wear your normal makeup to the procedure. If you are having lips or brows done, please bring your favorite pencils and lipstick.
- If unwanted hair is normally removed in the area to be treated, i.e., tweezing or waxing, the hair removal should be done at least 24 hours prior to your procedure. Electrolysis should not be done within five days of the procedure.
- If eyelashes or eyebrows are normally dyed, do not have that procedure done within 48 hours of this procedure. Wait one week after the eyebrow or eyeliner procedure before dying lashes or brows.
- If you wear contact lenses and are having the eyeliner done, do not wear your lenses to your appointment and do not replace them until the day after the procedure.
- If you are having the eyeliner procedure done, as a safety precaution, in case of watering or swelling, we recommend that you have someone available, or accompany you, who could drive you home if you so decide, or if it is necessary.
- If you are having lip liner done and have had previous problems with cold sores, fever blisters or mouth ulcers, the procedure is likely to reactivate the problem. We will give you an antiviral prescription at your appointment.
After Care Instructions
General Instructions for All Permanent Cosmetic Makeup Applications
For 14 days following application of permanent cosmetics:
- Apply ice to treated areas for 10 – 30 minutes immediately following treatment. Ice helps reduce swelling and aids in healing.
- Do not expose treated area to the sun.
- You may apply makeup over the treated area, but remove only with Vaseline.
- To cleanse the treated area, lather antimicrobial soap in hands and pat area.
- You may rinse with water and lightly pat the area dry.
- Absolutely no scrubbing. Do not pick at the epithelial crust. Allow it to flake off on its own.
- Do not soak treated area in bath, swimming pool or hot tub. Do not swim in fresh, salt or chlorinated pool water.
- Do not expose treated area to full pressure of the water in the shower.
- Apply a thin coat of Vaseline or Aquaphor 3 – 5 times daily. This is especially important after cleansing and before bedtime.
- Take 1000mg of Vitamin C twice a day for bruising.
- Take 2 - 200mg tablets of Advil for swelling
- Take 2 - 25mg tablets of Benadryl for swelling
Colors appear brighter and more sharply defined immediately following the procedure. As the healing progresses, color will soften. Powder may be used to tone down color until this time. Lips will not have their full color until eight weeks of healing.
Follow post-procedure instructions carefully as failure to do so may lead to loss of pigment, discoloration or infection.
- Touchups must be completed after eight weeks of the initial procedure.
- Making eyeliner or brows wider or changing the shape is considered a touchup. We take precautions to get make-up as you want it before you leave your initial session.
- For any reason you may want a touchup, there will be a charge for the cost of supplies: $50.00 for eyeliner or eyebrows, $75.00 for lips.
Special Instructions for After the Procedures:
- Lips (healing time of 7 – 14 days)
- Drink through a straw.
- Avoid greasy, spicy, acidic or salty foods.
- Keep toothpaste from contacting your lips.
- Do not have your teeth bleached while your lips are healing.
- Eyeliner (healing time of 3 – 5 days)
- Do not use an eyelash curler for two weeks.
- Do not use mascara or eye shadow.
- After the area has healed, use a new tube of mascara.
- Do not have your eyelashes permed or tinted for at least two weeks after procedure.
- Eyebrows (healing time of 5 – 7 days)
- Avoid plucking, waxing and electrolysis for at least two weeks after the procedure.
- Brows can feel crusty and take longer to peel.